Think Food offers good food through our community eating places and buffet service. We want our food to bring people together, promote health and well-being and be
sensitive to the impact of our eating on the environment and producers.
We want our food offer to:
- Promote health and wellbeing
- Be a focus for bringing people together
- Be ‘planet healthy’, sensitive to the impact of our eating on the environment and producers
- Demonstrate eating well on a budget
- Give young people not in education and training a second chance to learn and build skills for employment
- Taste good!
The heart of our project will be community eating places and a buffet service where we will:
- prepare healthy, fresh, seasonal, locally sourced and fairly traded food and drinks
- Train young people and young adults in catering and hospitality and build their social and employability skills
- provide education and activities that help people towards healthy lifestyles
- deliver community activities and events that prompt thinking and action about the social, economic and environmental impacts of the food we eat