Growing People – Social Enterprise Horticulturist
Job type: Full time 37.5 hrs a week.
Salary £16,000-£17,000 pa
Growing People is a grassroots urban horticultural enterprise that works with young people to explore sustainable, local
community alternatives to growing food. It will do this by:
- Growing great food and other produce in urban contexts, using environmentally sensitive techniques, to sell within our local
- Growing people, with a focus on supporting young people towards employment, through horticultural training
- Growing community by bringing people together around growing, eating and celebrating food
For this post you will need an enhanced DBS check.
The purpose of this post is to be a part of the Growing People team:
- Running a productive Urb Farm growing vegetables, salads and fruit in a small scale, urban context;
- Engaging young people and other members of the community in the growing of the enterprise;
- Supporting our community engagement programme and Forest School.
- Have a passion for and knowledge of Horticulture
- Strong commitment to tackling environmental concerns
- Have a passion for engaging people, particularly young people in growing food locally
- Experience of working with young people with Special Educational Needs
- Ability to manage administrative systems
- Driver with clean licence
- Strong team work skills
- Good literacy, numeracy and ICT skills
We value diversity and welcome applicants from all sections of the community
Please send your CV to email@example.com
The closing date for applications will be mid-day on Friday 2 August 2019